Fresh spinach salad with orange and Cretan Xinomyzithra P.D.O. cheese balls
• 200 g baby spinach
• 1 orange cut in round slices
• 2 tablespoons pomegranate
• 1 tablespoon sesame (for the salad)
• 3 tablespoons sesame (for the cheese balls)
• 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
• 1 tablespoon honey
• 1 tablespoon mustard
• Juice from 1 orange
• 1/4 teacup olive oil
Wash the baby spinach thoroughly. Drain it and place it in a wide platter.
Continue with the orange, the pomegranate and the sesame.
Make cheese balls with the Cretan Xinomyzithra P.D.O. Kalogeraki and roll them on sesame.
Rest in fridge for 5 minutes and prepare dressing.
Mix balsamic vinegar with honey, mustard, olive oil and last the orange juice.
Garnish with the dressing and lastly place the cheese balls from the Cretan Xinomyzithra and the walnuts.