Cretan dakos with zucchinis and Xynomyzithra Kritis P.D.O.
4 zucchinis cut in round slices
200 gr. cherry tomatoes
200 gr. Xynomyzithra Kritis P.D.O.
10 Cretan rusks
Salt and Pepper
- Cover a baking pan with greaseproof paper and spread the zucchinis, sprinkle with salt and pepper, olive oil and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200 degrees, for 40-45 minutes until they get a nice color.
- Take the zucchinis of the oven and repeat the procedure with cherry tomatoes for only 10 minutes until they get soft.
- In a porringer, spread the rusks, on top of them the zucchinis, the cherry tomatoes and Xynomyzithra Kritis P.D.O.
- Pour over with olive oil, add a bit of pepper and fresh thyme.
- Ideally, wait 10-15 minutes before you serve it so as the rusks become softer and moistured from the vegetables.